Friday, February 20, 2009

People living 'Plan B'

Today was my last day of work with my contract in Wyoming.

As I was driving home from work I heard a story on "This American Life" talking about people switching from their 'Plan A's to 'Plan B's....or C...., D...., F.

The first story I heard was about a man, a Princeton graduate with a dream to be an actor, who ended up working as "Cuervo Man" as a "party catalyst." It was funny, lots of tidbits about how the interviewer, also a Princeton grad, in some ways envied "Cuervo Man"....but really got me thinking about my 'Plan A'....'Plan B.'

Even as my situations in life changed as I got older, I had some consistency in my views of what life would be. I knew I would go to college, figured I would complete the OT program. And I figured I'd find someone to share life with and be married shortly after college. But as I approach 30 and have no clear vision of marriage in sight I wonder what my 'Plan B/C/D...?' will really be.

1 comment:

Tara Brown said...

Good to know that God know's plan c-z and that he loves you and has great things for you to do. Look forward to seeing how all the plans play out! Loves, Tara