Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Project - 806pm

I will first be honest and say I am borrowing this idea from a story I heard on NPR. I cannot find a link to the story, but the idea behind it was to snap a photo each day at the same time. In this way, a person could capture the day-to-day memories throughout the year. A main point in the story was that most photos are staged, capturing special events like a birthday, a sporting event, a holiday party... But with these daily pictures one could see the more mundane, but not necessarily less significant moments that make up a year.

I know I will not be diligent about posting my pictures each day...and I am not sure if I am going to post a week's pictures at a time, or just a few with short explanations. But at the very least I figured this might be a fun thing to try.

My appointed time will be 806 pm. Tonight at that time I was laying on my couch, watching a dvd, and petting my dog, Mattie.

No comments: